General Overview & Mission
The West Virginia Angel Investor Network was incorporated in January 2011 as a non profit corporation. The WVAIN is governed by a fifteen member Board of Directors. Our objective is to provide a private network of select individuals who are fundamentally interested in:
- nurturing early-stage ventures,
- obtaining economic returns,
- "giving back" to society, and
- sharing knowledge with West Virginia’s entrepreneurial community.
Investment decisions are made by each individual, not WVAIN, and normally take a “first-look” at area-based start-up companies.
Investors rely on West Virginia Angel Invesor Network to:
- Receive and screen all inquiries and business plans,
- Conduct initial due diligence and offer a summary to members,
- Market to and work with companies on their plans and presentations,
- Arrange group meetings to review the most interesting opportunities and
- Coordinate further diligence and follow-up meetings for interested investors.