The West Virginia Angel Investor Network is encouraging applications from companies headquartered in West Virginia that are:
- Start-UP companies: companies that do not have sales/revenue or may not have employees – this is a company that basically has a product and not necessarily a company around the company other than an LLC designation.
- Early Stage companies: companies that have an in-place management, some sales/revenue, employees, and have a working understand of their market and competitors.
- Growth Companies: companies that have a minimum of $500K in sales, an experienced management team, are successfully competing in their market, and need capital to grow their existing business within a very focused strategy that is working for them.
WVAIN investors are looking for:
- high-market growth potential companies,
- an experienced and talented management team,
- a national or international customer base that can be easily measured and demonstrated,
- an exit strategy within 4-7 years of investment,
- a business proof-of-concept via customer sales commitments, and
- investments typically in the $250K - $500K range.
Note: These represent typical attributes, and are not hard and fast requirements.